Hagley Estates in Pawleys Island, SC
Hagley Estates is by far my favorite neighborhood in Pawleys Island and Myrtle Beach in general. My first home purchase was in Hagley Estates. I LOVED living there! Buyers are constantly on the watch for homes in Hagley Estates, and when a good one comes on the market, it is usually gone quickly. So, what makes Hagley Estates so special?
Hagley got its name in 1801 when the Alston family acquired it from the Pawley family and named the land after a well-know parkland near London. The land changed hands several times over the years before the neighborhood began developing in the early 1970s. The neighborhood still maintains a bit of a wilderness feel, with a combination of paved and unpaved roads, richly wooded areas, and a blend of older and newer homes. Hagley Landing, a public boat launch, is a favorite spot for Hagley residents.
Although Hagley does have certain restrictions (see deed restrictions at: http://www.hagleyestates.com/Deed.htm ), the HOA is voluntary and affordable for homeowners who would like to be a part of managing their community. The HOA is pretty much hands-off, which is one reason residents love it in Hagley.
The lots are generally quite large in Hagley Estates, with options to purchase a home or homesite on the Intra-coastal waterway, tucked away in the woods, or overlooking the scenic Founders Club golf course.
Here are a few quick points on Hagley Estates:
- HOA is voluntary and affordable at $50 annually if your choose to join
- The community is not gated, and there are numerous points of access into the vast neighborhood.
- The overall crime rate in Pawleys Island is 46% lower than the national average. Pawleys Island is safer than 58% of the cities in the United States.
- There is a mix of everything from young families to older retirees in Hagley Estates.
- There is no community pool, but many of the large lot sizes allow for private pools to be installed.
- Trash pickup may be arranged with several local services. A recycling center is conveniently located in the heart of Pawleys Island, easily accessed from Hagley Estates.
- Hagley Landing is a public boat launch that allows access to the Intra-coastal Waterway. The beach is located less than 5 minutes from Hagley Estates across Highway 17.
Hagley Estates maintains the “arrogantly shabby" charm for which Pawleys Island is known. I loved living there and if you seek serenity, you might love it too. If you know where to look, you can find fun gems in Hagley Estates like the Man in the Tree. Next time you are in Pawleys Island, I’ll take you to see him!
Interested in real estate information on Hagley Estates, Pawleys Island, or the surrounding area? Call me today at 843-424-0995 or email me email@example.com