Best Bets on the Grand Strand for a Healthy New Year
It's that time of year again. 2016 is coming to an end and everyone is setting goals and making their New Year's resolutions to get healthier in 2017. Options are nearly endless as to which gym or fitnes program you can choose. Here are a few of my top picks:
1) Best Bang for Your Buck: Planet Fitness
- For as low as $10 a month with no commitment, you have unlimited 24/7 access to cardio equipment, resistance machines, and free weights. For $20 a month, you can be a Black Card member, giving you extra perks like relaxation massage chairs, tanning, hydro-massage, and bring along a friend.
- There are over 1200 well-maintained locations nationwide, and memenership can allow access to any of these when you are traveling.
- The "Judgement Free" environment caters to all fitness levels.
- Only downside is that you will need to bring your own program and motivation. If you don't know what to do at the gym, you might feel overwhelmed.
- www.planetfitness.com for the closest location to you
2) Most Time Efficient and Results Oriented: 9Round Murrells Inlet
- 30 minute full-body kickboxing workout
- If your schedule is busy, you already make 1000 decisions every day, AND you want an intense workout, 9Round is for you!
- Friendly and motivating trainers are always on hand to guide you through a high intensity (although great for beginners, too) workout that gets you out the door feeling successful in 30 minutes.
- New Year's special is $1 enrollment fee with a 12 month commitment, or commit to 6 months and get 9 months!
- www.9Round.com/murrellsinlet or call 843-970-1980 to schedule your first workout FREE
3) Most Calming and Restorative: Inlet Yoga
- Whether you are young or old, thin or heavy, strong or weak, tight or flexible, healthy or injured, experienced or a novice, yoga helps everyone to be the best that they can be in every way, both on and off the mat. Mind, body, and spirit are restored through the benefits of a regular yoga practice.
- Centrally located AND moving to a NEW and improved space (details coming soon), Inlet Yoga has something for everyone.
- FREE classs all day New Year's Day!
- Special unlimited package for January only: $30
- www.inletyogamyrtlebeach.com or 843-655-6272
4) Most Versitile: Beachbody on Demand
- Beachbody offers such amazing programs as P90X, T25, PiYo, Country Heat, and more. The new Beachbody on Demand feature allows you to access programs on your computer or phone.
- For a limited time, get UNLIMITED access to EVERY program Beachbody has to offer for $99.95 for the entire year.
- For more info, and to get your own free private Coach, visit my BFF Stacy's site at www.bringtheburn.com
Bonus: Get Your Nutrition in line with Be Well Meals
- Most of us went crazy with our eating habits over the holidays. Get back on track by having Leslie O'Neill and her team at Be Well Meals prep your meals FOR you. Take the guesswork out of it by ordering your meals online at www.bewellmeals.com
- Special deal through January 6, 2017: 10% off online orders over $35.00
- Head to the website to join the mailing list to receive notifications on the January juice clease
- January 28th: Queens in the Kitchen event which will educate you on lifestyle eating and how to meal prep effectively with just a few ingredients. $20 a person and you can sign up at https://www.facebook.com/events/1159933097393662/?notif_t=plan_user_joined¬if_id=1483060963422421
The most important factor in making your decision should be consistency. What type of gym, fitness class, personal trainer, or program will you be able to sustain for longer than a few weeks? It takes time and consistency to create change.
Need MORE help?? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalized program.
Choose well. Make your commitment.
Schedule it in your day and do not compromise.
Good luck for a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!